Watching her mother return to school and pursue her dream of becoming a lawyer taught Courtney Najera that it is never too late to change your life. However, seeing her mother help struggling families try to navigate the legal system also taught her that life changes are never easy. When it came time to choose a calling, Associate Attorney Courtney Najera decided to become someone that a family could rely on in getting through legal conflicts. She joined her mother’s law practice, making CORNELL LAW FIRM a “family law firm” in every sense.
Courtney graduated from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 2016 where she received her Juris Doctor with highest honors. While in law school, Courtney acted as an editor of the Tulsa Law Review, travel team liaison for the Board of Advocates, and served on the board of Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honors Society.
In 2017, Courtney received her license to practice law in Oklahoma and in the Cherokee Nation.
Courtney is a member of the Family Law Section, Appellate Section, and Litigation Section of the Tulsa County Bar Association, and the Family Law Sections of the Oklahoma Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Student of the Year, Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section (2016)
- President’s Award, Board of Advocates at the University of Tulsa College of Law (2016)
- Finalist, Redbud Invitational Moot Court Competition (October 2016)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Expert Evidence (Spring 2016)
- 1st Place, Family Law Negotiation Competition (Spring 2016)
- Finalist, Civil Motion Summary Judgment Moot Court Competition (Spring 2016)
- Finalist, Family Law Negotiation Competition (Spring 2015)
- Finalist, Hager Torts Appellate Moot Court Competition (Spring 2015)